Thursday, January 8, 2009

Books You Shouldn't Read


I thought this book was suppose to stop you from eating McDonalds, in much the same way that Old Yellerstops you from watching animal movies. This however, was not the case. I read this for a seminar on rhetoric, and after every single class, what did I want? A big and juicy double quarter pounder with cheese, medium fries and a Coke. Nice try Schlosser. Tempting me with images of sad eyed cows as they are led into the slaughterhouse was a good attempt,but it would be more effective if you discovered that hamburger meat was made with dog meat, and there was a sad dog being led to the slaughterhouse. Sorry, no dice there. I'm never going to stop drinking Coke, eating McDonald's and going to Disney World. Of course I may die doing so, but it's better than eating carrots and pretending I care about the world.

No comments: